Sportstiks is to be the new title sponsor for the
Rotary of Brentwood a Becket Half Marathon & Fun Run 2018
We are delighted to announce that Sportstiks is to be the title sponsor for the Brentwood Half Marathon and Fun Run that takes place in the Essex town on Sunday 18th March 2018.
It will be named the “Sportstiks Brentwood Half Marathon and Fun Run 2018”
Baker Labels are the parent company to Sportstiks who produce customised, individual athlete identification. From the conventional basic race day numbers to the innovative fully branded, individually named or sponsored number kits. Sportstiks are suppliers to triathlons and Ironman events around the world and are proud to have supplied athlete tattoos at the London 2012 Olympics.
Having printed the Brentwood Half Marathon and Fun Run race numbers for the last few years and being involved in the event through smaller sponsorship contributions, it was a natural step up for Bakers and Sportstiks to be more involved in 2018.
Next year marks Bakers’ 45th birthday and they intend to celebrate by not only sponsoring the event but also by entering a huge team of runners.
“We love Brentwood and are very excited about being a much bigger part of the Brentwood Half Marathon and Fun Run in 2018. It’s an important and valuable event, not only in the local community but also within UK athletics where it’s rated as one of the best organised road race events in the country. We’re proud to associate the Sportstiks brand with the event. We know how important it is to invest in community events and charities so our team of runners will also be supporting two charities on the day, Georgia’s Teenage Cancer Appeal and Kids Inspire in both the half marathon and fun run. It’s going to be a very special event for all involved.” Steve Baker, Managing Director, Baker Labels
About the event:
- Organised by the Rotary of Brentwood a Beckett since 1982, the event is now in its 37th year and is the same age as the London Marathon.
- The event will take place on Sunday 18th March 2018 in Brentwood, Essex
- Entries open on 1st August via the Brentwood Half website
- The number of entrants in the half marathon is a maximum of 4250 and 750 in the 5km fun run.
- 100% of the money raised goes to good causes and is run solely by volunteers. To date they have raised several million pounds for good causes. The 2017 event raised over £90,000 with runners raising an estimated further £300,000 for their own good causes.
- The event is usually a sell out before Christmas.
- It’s the largest event in Essex and amongst the largest in the UK.
- Recognised as one of the best organised races in the country and regularly receive outstanding reports from the official UKA race referee.
“We’re very happy to be supported by such a successful Brentwood family business. The team at Bakers and Sportstiks really understand the event and the importance it has in the community. There’s also the advantage that they have a sporting event background with Sportstiks’ ties to so many international triathlon and ironman events. We’re looking forward to working with them over the next few months” Bob Davey, Race Director, Brentwood Half Marathon and Fun Run.